Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day #2

Today was really rough on me. I tried going to bed early last night, but didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. and was woken up at 10:15 a.m. Yesterday, my phone died on me and I needed to visit the Verizon store today. After figuring out that mess and ordering a new phone I finally had lunch around 1 p.m. For the first time thus far I truly felt what it was like to be a vegetarian eating out.
I decided to have lunch at Panda Express and ordered some eggplant tofu, chow mein, mixed vegetables and some veggie rolls. This was my first time having tofu and I did not like it all. I have had synthetic chicken before and it tasted great, but tofu is not for me at all. After eating Panda Express I know exactly how one date felt when I took her to a Chinese restaurant and there were only four things she could eat- I had just as many options.

Vitamin Water and Green Tea definitely help with the transition of cutting out meat, well, at least for me. Because I have no phone it has been challenging to make plans, but luckily one of my best friends decided to hit me and we kicked it for a few hours. Of course, he wanted to grab dinner at Quiznos and I was again put into an interesting predicament: Soup or Salad. Not too appealing, but I liked the challenge. One of my favorite things to have is clam chowder in a bread bowl and it had been a really long time since I ordered a bread bowl at Quiznos. Much to my surprise I discovered they discontinued the bread bowls a month ago and a customer behind me was shocked as well when he walked in moments after me. I settled on a small salad and bowl of broccoli soup. It was good, but not filling as I just ate various stuff when I got home. I think the biggest challenge is actually being fully satisfied after eating only "veggies," but I have gone two days now. Thanks everyone for the compliments. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment