Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day #20

Today was my long day at school with a four hour gap in between classes so I decided to visit my grandma and have lunch with her. At breakfast I had two bowls of Total cereal with Green Tea to start off the day. I find starting the day off with some tea is better than waking up with coffee and is just effective. At lunch I planned to go to Dominos and try their new pasta breadbowl, but left all the information at home so I decided to go to Whole Foods instead to have soup with my Grandma Jo.

At Whole Foods in Porter Ranch I originally had planned to get soup, but the four choices were not that appealing with me having to decide between Mushroom or Squash soup. Instead I decided to be bold and try Sesame Chicken Tofu from the Deli. This was the second time I have ordered tofu in my entire life and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. In addition I got Greek Orzo Salad, which consists of Orzo, feta cheese, bell peppers, sundried tomatoes, spinach, Kalamata olives, red onion, extra virgin olive oil, rice wine vinegar and basil. I have to say that it was delicious and definitely worth checking out another time. I wound up getting my grandma some Squash soup and we both split cornbread. That was a very fulfilling lunch as I topped it off with a Pepsi.

When I came home after my three hour class I really wasnt hungry and had Potato Pancakes along with a small coke. I also had a couple of waters before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment