Friday, January 1, 2010

Day #1

Today was my first day giving up meat to become a vegetarian for the next 30 days as part of my New Year's Resolution. I am going to be honest, it was a lot harder than I thought, but it's not why you think. Last night, like most individuals, I partied hard and celebrated with some of my closest friends to bring in the New Year. It was fun celebrating until 4am this morning, but not fun waking up at 8:35 a.m. The pounding headache, the lack of sleep, and just wanting to feel better was not an ideal way to start the day/ year.

After being woke up by one of my friends I tried going back to sleep for thirty minutes, but decided to sober up and go home, which took me an hour. Since it was early and the first time I had been up before noon in a week I debated what I should do about breakfast. Instantly McDonald's came to mind because I can't remember the last time I had any, but decided I would be too tempted and came home instead. Of course my father offers to make me a full breakfast including bacon at 10a.m. when I walk in the door. Luckily my mom had premade a cheesy potato casserole that just needed to be heated up. After heating up the oven and taking a nap for an hour I finally enjoyed my "breakfast" at 11:45 a.m.

For most of the day I just felt sick and continued to drink Sprite, Ginger Ale, and other liquids to feel better. Slowly I felt a little bit better, but was out of it the entire day. I had fetuccini alfredo in the afternoon and had a Marx Brothers marathon to bring in the New Year. Every year at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica, they play Marx Bros.' films on New Years to bring in the new year. Since my friends and I were incapable of driving to Santa Monica, which I had a feeling would be the case, I decided to watch the Marx Bros. and have a good laugh at home.

I wound up having cereal for dinner because whenever I start out with lunch/ dinner food I feel obligated to have "breakfast" even if it's my last meal of the day. Plus cereal is just delicious and can be eaten any time. I had a bunch of various snacks throughout the day, but didn't feel tempted at all despite an entire fridge full of meat. This will be a fun challenge and all I can say is, One day down!

No comments:

Post a Comment